Machotech Solutions & Services (003247852-A)(“Machotech“, “we“, “our” or “us“) values and is committed to protecting the Personal Data (as defined below). This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains our collection, processing, storage, retention and disclosure of your Personal Data as required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
Kindly note that we reserve the right to change, amend and/or vary this Notice at any time. The most current version of this Notice will be made available on Machotech website at https://machotech.com.my/privacy-policy/ (“Link”). Please check this Notice on the Link from time to time and particularly before you submit additional Personal Data to us.
B. Collection of Personal Data
- We collect and process personal data in the course of your dealings with us, which includes without limitation:
- your personal details, such as your name, company name, residential address, contact number, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, national registration identity card number, passport number and nationality,
- your payment details, such as your debit / credit card number and issuing bank of your debit / credit card; and
- any details relating to any other person(s) who may be identified from the information, data or document you submitted to us; or
- any other personal information you provide to us in the course of your dealing with us.
(collectively referred to as “Personal Data”)
- We may collect Personal Data:
- when you ask us about our product(s) or service(s) or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you enter into a contract with us;
- when you participate in our promotional events;
- from publicly available sources;
- when you access our website;
- when we provide any goods or services to you;
- when you provide us with feedback; or
- where relevant, from third parties.
- We may use the Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- providing customer care and enhancing customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and other after sales services;
- managing and maintaining our relationship with you;
- keeping you informed of products or services of Machotech, promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mail, handling and investigating any security related issue, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- to exercise of any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for any purpose incidental, ancillary or in furtherance to the abovementioned purposes
(collectively referred to as “Purposes”).
D. Disclosure to Third Parties
- If and when necessary in connection with the above purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed and / or transferred to third parties which may or may not be located outside Malaysia, including but not limited to:
- our affiliates;
- our employees, authorised agents or contractors and other third party service providers who provide services to Machotech for any of the Purposes contemplated at Paragraph 3;
- external professional advisors and auditors; and/or
- governmental departments and authorities.
In addition to the above, we may also disclose and transfer Personal Data to the above third parties for the purposes of any corporate exercise involving Machotech including any merger or acquisition.
E. Security of Personal Data
- We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of the Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
F. Access and Correction
- You may review, change or request deletion of your personal information by sending us a written request via the e-mail address as provided in Paragraph 14 below.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may reject your request and will provide a reason for such rejection; or impose a prescribed fee on you.
G. Consent, Withdrawal of Consent and Opt-Out
- Except as otherwise provided in this Notice, we only collect the Personal Data that you provide to us. If you would prefer that we do not collect Personal Data from you, please do not provide us with any such information or access our website. By visiting our website, providing Personal Data to us, or otherwise interacting with us, you shall be deemed to have read and consent to our processing of the Personal Data in the manner as described in this Notice. You may withdraw your consent to our processing for any of the above Purposes, at any time by contacting us via the contact detail provided below at Paragraph 14. If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to continue to process the same for the Purposes as set out above, on the basis that you have consented to our current as well as all our previous processing of the Personal Data in accordance with this Notice.
- Please note that we may not be able to provide you with our goods or services if you do not provide us with your consent or withdraw your consent for any of the Purposes.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in this Notice, you may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving our promotional materials by emailing us via the contact detail provided at Paragraph 14.
- Where you provide us with Personal Data of other data subject(s), you agree that you shall ensure that the data subject(s) has given consent to this Notice.
H. Our Websites
- We may provide links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for those websites. If you link to or otherwise visit any other site, please review the privacy policies posted at that site.
- A “cookie” is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. Our websites use this information to analyze the traffic on our websites, and better serve you when you return to our websites. It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user. You have the option to configure your Internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to use all of the functionality available on the website.
I. Inquiries or Complaints
- Should you require further information or have any complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data, kindly contact us through contact details as follows: